How Do I Participate?
2018 On My Own Time (OMOT) Information:
- OMOT Brochure
- OMOT Participation Levels
- OMOT Registration Form
- Co-Sponsorship Credit: Participating organizations are considered co-sponsors of this annual event, in partnership with CNY Arts and the Everson Museum of Art. Your company will receive a full page in the exhibit catalog that is distributed to the community during the month-long run of the "On My Own Time" finale exhibit at the Everson.
- Publicity: Your company’s name will be included on the CNY Arts website and reception invitations; in CNY Arts enewsletters, social media, and event press releases; and on signage at the Everson exhibit.
- Expose Hidden Talents: The opportunity to showcase the creativity and accomplishments of your employees through exhibition at your workplace and at the Everson Museum of Art.
- Create Pride in the Workplace: The program helps to introduce employees to the creativity and talents of their co-workers.
- Attend the Kick-Off Luncheon: If your company is interested in participating in the CNY Arts "On My Own Time" 2018 program, you’ll want to attend our orientation luncheon on Thursday, Feb. 22. Email Lizz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (315) 435-2126.
- Attend an Art Opening at the Everson: You will receive six (6) tickets to the opening reception and award presentation at the Everson Museum of Art, plus two tickets for each of your artists whose work was selected for the finale exhibit. Gold and Silver level sponsors receive additional tickets to the reception.
- Gratis Goods: You will receive complimentary copies of the exhibit catalog that features your company and its artists.
- Has a presence in the Central New York area.
- Is committed to encouraging employee talents.
- Is not covered by another program in New York State.
- Retirees and interns are eligible at the discretion of the company involved.
- Employee relatives are not eligible.
- School art teachers may not submit works for judging in their primary discipline.
- Artwork submitted must be origianl creations - copies of any published works or craft kits will not be accepted.
- Each employee entrant may submit up to three pieces for judging - these works may be all in one category or in various categories.
- All work submitted must have been completed within three years of entry.
- Submitted works must be finished works, display ready, and include hardware for mounting or display - submit display instructions/materials for unusual pieces.
Your organization will need to select a Company Coordinator. CNY Arts' "On My Own Time" Program Coordinator will work with each company coordinator to produce their in-house event.
Suggested Categories of Art Work:
For more information please contact:
Kara Greene, On My Own Time Program Coordinator
(315) 435-2162 or email@example.com
Please contact Program Coordinator Kara Greene for assistance at (315) 435-2162 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Participation: There is a company participation fee of $650. Smaller businesses may choose to participate jointly, holding a combined exhibit at one work site, and splitting the participation fee.* There are also opportunities to become a lead sponsor. Participation, at any level, includes the following benefits.
* Smaller nonprofit groups that cannot afford a fee may be able to find a sponsor to underwrite their participation. Please contact CNY Arts to explore this option.
Companies/Organizations/Businesses: Any business entity, employing any number of employees that:
Employee Artists: Any full or part-time employee of those companies participating in the program: